1. Dr. Kuldip Singh Panwar, M.D. (Ayu), Reader
2. Dr. Chandershekhar Sharma M.D. (Ayu), Reader
3. Dr. Kashika Sharma M.D. (Ayu) Lecturer
A large number of patients of various diseases visit the OPD daily. Department is running daily OPDs for various chronic and hard to cure diseases.
1. Consultancy and all kind of treatment for all medical disorders – acute and chronic by qualified experts in ayurveda.
2. Consultancy and all kind of treatment for all neuro-psychiatric and psychiatric dislrders(major and minor)
3. Rasayana Therapy(Rejuvenation)
4. Vajikarna (Aphrodisiacs and other treatments for all kinds of sexual disorders)
Panchkarma department is the backbone of this hospital. This department conducts all the "karmas" mentioned in "Panchkarma." There is complete availability of all the facility for carrying out all the Poorvakarms and Pradhankarmas. In addition to classical Panchkara, Keralite Panchkarma is also done here. More than 12000 patients visit this department and we perform more then 20000 therapies every year. In Panchkarma department various chronic and hard to cure diseases are treated by various Ayurvedic procedures with high success rate.
- Dr Sanjeev Sood. MD (Ayu) Prof.
- Dr Parveen Kumar. MD (Ayu) Lecturer
- Dr Ajay Kumar Gupta. MD (Ayu) Lecturer
1. Snehana: (for dryness of exterior as well as interior body)
- External oleation (bahya snehana)
- Internal oleation (Abhyantar snehana)
2. Svedana: (for liquefication of doshas & to open channels)
- Bashpa svedana (steam bath)
- Nadi svedana
3. Vaman: Therapeutic vomiting is being done in department for-
- Bronchial asthma
- Chronic airway diseases (Bronchitis)
- Chronic sinusitis
- Lack of appetite
4. Virechana: Therapeutically purging is being done to cure
- Skin allergic disorders like psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, rashes etc.
- Stomach & duodenal ulcers
- Aggressivity & testiness.
- Alcohol disease.
- Acute & chronic inflammation.
5. Basti: Therapeutical enema is being done for-
- Diseases of nervous system like paralysis
- Rheumatic & other diseases of spine & joints.
- High blood pressure
- Digestion disorders like IBS.
- Exhaustion states
- Disorders of falling & staying asleep
- Weakness of concentration
- Basti procedures available in department:-
- Niruh basti (Decoction enema)
- Anuvasana Basti (Oil enema)
- Brihmana Basti (Nutritive enema)
- Janu Basti
- Kati Basti
- Griva Basti are being given to cure various Vattik disorders successfully.
6. Nasya: Nasya is being used for
- Chronic headache & migraine
- Shoulder-arm syndrome
- Cervical vertebral syndrome
- Chronic inflammation of sinuses
- Diseases of neck, ear & nose region
- Sleeping disorders
- Nasya procedures available:-
- Virechana nasaya
- Nutritive nasaya
- Sedative nasaya
- Nasaya decoction are being practiced.
7. Rakatmokshana: Therapeutic blood-letting is done in:
- Skin allergic disorders
- Hyperacidity of organism
- Chronic lymph node enlargement
- Drug addiction
- Pitta disorders & blood diseases.
Besides these other facilities:-
- Shali-shashti Pind Svedana are being practiced.
1. Dr. Sunil Kumar M.D.(Ay.) Shalya, Reader
2. Dr. Davinder Kumar M.D.(Ay.) Shalya
3. Dr. Namarta Sharma M.D.(Ay.) Shalya
- Diagnosis and treatment of various surgical disorders with all modern facilities.
- Facilities for general surgery.
- Special Ano-rectal Clinic – Department is providing highly successful treatment with minimal recurrence rate for fistula-in-ano using “Kshar-sutra” (Medicated thread) method and “Kshar” application in bleeding piles.
- Urinary Clinic – Department is also running a special clinic for BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) and Urinary stone with high success rate.
- Different para-surgical procedures like blood-letting by leeches (Jaloka-Avacharan), venepuncture (Sira Vedha), scarification (Prakshana) & therapeutic burn therapy by thermal and strong alkali (Agni Karma & Kshar Karma) are also carried out in some specific disorders.
- Kshar Sutra training programmes and medico-surgical camps are arranged regularly.
|Shalakya Tantra (Eye & ENT) |
1. Dr. S.J. P. Singh (Prof.)
2. Dr. Rajni Thakur - Lecturer
- Diagnosis and treatment of disorders related with Shalakya (Eye & ENT).
- Ocular Physiotherapy specially Yoga & eye sight.
- Kriya Kalpa(Akshi Tarpan, Karna purna, Anjana, Gandush, Kaval Nasya etc.)- Ayurvedic topical administration of drugs.
- Magnetotherapy, Acupressure and Acupuncture.
|Kaumarbhritya (Paediatrics) |
This is the only OPD all over Punjab where complete Ayurvedic treatment is being practiced successfully.
- Dr. Parikshit Sharma
- Dr. Karam Singh..
- Clinical Facilities:-
Department is running regular OPD with special clinics for
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Growth & developmental problems.
- Behavioural problems like low concentration, bed wetting, teeth grinding, night walking, stealing etc.
- GIT problems.
- Recurrent respiratory disorders.
- Allergic disorders.
- Immuno-deficiency disorders.
- All psychosomatic disorders.
- Regular Counseling of child as well as parents and relative is done for various type of psychological problems.
- The facilities for Pediatric Panchkarma are also available like Shali Shastik (Navarakidi), Matra Vasti, Abhyang, Snehan, Swedan of various types.
|Stri Rog & Prasuti Tantra (Gynae & Obstetrics) |
- Dr. Renu Arora
- Dr. Kusum Lata
- It has successfully treated Infertility with Ayurvedic procedures like-
- Vaginal douching:
- In this the decoction of various medicines are used to clean the vagina;
- This procedure is used not only for cleaning but it is anti-inflammatory and promotes healing
- It is used for multiple infections of vagina.
- Uttar Vasti:
- Uttar vasti is Intra-uterine Insemination of various medicated oils and ghrit (phalaghrit) which is very effective to tone up the uterus and even cures the cases of tubal blockage;
- It is an OPD procedure which usually does not require any sedation and
- It is just like hydro-tubation which is now a days frequently in practice by modern Gynaecologists.
- All the menstrual disorders like scanty menses, DUB (Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding), Amenorrhoea, Dysmenorrhoea are successfully treated with herbal Ayurvedic Medicines in this department. This treatment gives much more better results than hormonal treatment.
Routine Obstetrics OPD patients are:-
- Ante Natal Care (ANC)
- Ante Natal with Anaemia
- ANC with high BP.
- ANC with diabetes
- Patients of repeated abortions
- ANC with twins
- Females of general debility weakness
- Patient of abnormal bleeding pervaginum
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- White discharge
- Cervical polyp
- Ovarian cyst
- We go for ovulation study
- Treatment of tubal blockage, Ovarian cyst, Unknown infertility
- Treatment of infertility is done in combination therapy (i.e. Allopathy and Ayurveda)
Minor OT Procedures
- Cu-T insertion & removal
- Misplace Cu-T removal
- Endometrial biopsy
- Cervical encircilage
- Abortions at sixteen weeks for abnormal foetus
Major OT Procedures
- Conduction of Normal Labor
- Management of PPH
- Vacuum delivery
- Breech delivery
- Cessarian section
- Ovarian cystectomy
We also have very good indoor facilities with facility for massage & yoga for post operative patients.
"OUR MOTTO IS SERVING HUMANITY BY WAY OF MINIMUM CHARGES & UPTO THE MARK FACILITIES."
|Swasthwrit (including yoga) |
1. Dr. Gagan Thakur, M.D. (Ayu), Reader and HOD
2. Mr. Rajesh Kumar (Yoga Teacher)
The facilities available here are:-
- Asanas – various techniques
- Pranayama – various techniques
- Dhyana (Meditation)
- Vishisht Mardan & Samvatan (Acupressure)
- Kant Loh Chikitsa (Magnetotherapy)
- Ghati Chikitsa (Cuptherapy)
- Tras Chikitsa (Reflexotherapy)
- Prakritik Chikitsa (Shortly to be introduced)
- Jal Chikitsa (Hydrotherapy)
- Vayu & Aatap Snaana (Air & Sun bath)
- Sugandha Chikitsa (Aroma therapy)
- Rang Chikitsa (Chromotherapy)
- Music Therapy
- Acupressure - Patients related with Vatik disorders such as Aamavata (Rheumatoid Arthritis), Sandhivata (Osteoarthritis), Joint disorders, x`/klh (Sciatica), Shira Shool are treated by Acupressure.
Patients with disorders like Tamaka Shawas (Asthma), Mansik Vikara, Mano Sharirik Vikara (Psychosomatic disorders), Prishtha shool, Grivaa Satambhaa, Pakshaghata, Drishti Rog (Eye disorders), Paachan Sansthan Sambandhi Vikara (Digestive disorders), Raktgatvaata (Hypertension) are also cured here successfully.
The success rate of visiting patients in this OPD is very high and will increase more in the near future.